Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Courts Shouldn't Have Jurisdiction

And other nonsensical Bull-Pucky from our government.

Watching C-Span this morning, I caught a debate about the court's role, or jurisdiction if any, over the detainment of "Enemy Combatants" at Guantanamo Bay. The basic idea right now is that no, enemy combatants should not have access to our judicial system, and their cases, detainment, and sentencing (of which I'm sure they will be sentenced) should be controlled by the Executive Branch of our government.

Other sentiments that were expressed during this debate were that enemy combatants did not, or should not have the right to appeal to courts, prove their innocence, or sue the government.

When one of the men debating for the abdication of the court's rights in war time trials stated that no torture should ever be used and has not been used and that no one in our government supports the use of torture I am certain my morning coffee came out of my nose.

Freedom and Democracy are only for those who can pay for it with Cash or Oil. Everyone else can rot in jail.

Thats it for now, more later when I get to watch the actual court debates on this issue.

No comments: